Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Year & New Reading Goals | 2019


HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!


Happy New Year - 2019

So, I am writing on this fine cold morning of New Year & thinking of my past year reading accomplishments. It was an interesting reading year for me, I explored so many good books and found my love for Fantasy! But with a new year comes a new plan and new goals and achievements. Here are few of the points I need to set and make before getting into 2019 reading process!

MORE NON FICTION/MEMOIR IN THE READS

Past year I read zero non fiction, it just was not something I could find myself picking up. But you can't say never unless you try and I did not even try. Hence I am going to add some self help/Non fiction & memoir in my readings. It would be interesting to see how I am going to analyze them and review.Looking forward to this!

ADD SOME POPULAR AUTHORS AND FINALLY READ THEIR BOOKS

There are so many popular authors and many people's favourite books I have never read. My most popular author I read last year were JK Rowling, Rick Riordan,JR Ward,Sherrilyn Kenyon and Angie Thomas (You can see my read shelf here). While I like to read some underrated books ,there are still many popular gems I need to add to my read. So here are some authors I am planning to read this year -

Brandon Sanderson -  I have heard so many good things about Sanderson's world building and magic system by some Fantasy & Sci-Fi genre fans. Would be starting with his stand- alones and then will go towards his series. Wish me Luck!

Stephen King - I have read few of his short stories and one standalone 'Rage', but was not able to gather courage to read his other books. Would be starting with his shorter books. Let's see how it goes!

Victoria SchwabShe has some great Adult/YA content out there and I have not read a single of them. Her 'Villians' series and 'Shades of Magic' are some I am surely planning to read this year.

Robin Hobb -  Being a fantasy lover, it pains me to say that I have not read a single of Robin Hobb. I am planning to correct this mistake and get on board with her 'Farseer trilogy' very soon!

Laini Taylor -  I am not interested in her 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' series but will definitely read 'Strange the Dreamer'.

Patrick Rothfuss -  I would have read his 'Name of the Wind' series earlier if not for the long awaited third book's pending release. I cannot stand waiting for a book in the series for infinite amount of time.

Maggie Stiefvater - I am not a big YA reader but I am intrigued with her 'Raven Boys Series' and will surely be picking this one this year!

Mark Lawrence -  His 'The Broken Empire', 'Book of the Ancestor' and 'The Red Queen's War' series have been on my radar for quite a long time. So will be picking those this year!

Cassendra Clare -  This is one author I am most apprehensive getting into. Her Shadowhunter world is too vast and have so many books in between. I am dreading to pick 'Mortal Instruments', as this one is kind of series I normally stay clear of. But I want to read her "The Dark Artifices' series so I will try to start from somewhere.

Leigh Bardugo - I wanted to read 'Six of Crows' for ages but because I had zero interest in reading 'Grisha Trilogy', I never picked that one up. Maybe I will just start the grisha trilogy and reach to the second series.

There are many other more but these are on top of my mind for now!

Please Note that there are also some other popular unread author's book I have no intentions of every picking - mainly Sarah J Maas ( I have no interest in either 'Throne of Glass' or 'A court of thorns & roses') and Victoria Aveyard (never reading her Red Queen's series for sure!)

READ OTHER GENRES

Last year, almost 65% of my read was Fantasy and 25% was Romance, so this year I will try to bring more genres in my reading. Especially Sci-Fi, Mystery/Horror and Historical Fiction (and of course Non Fiction). Contemporary is my least favourite genre, but I do have some books in this genre to read this year.So let's see, how it goes!

POST MORE (FREQUENCY AND QUALITY WISE)

This is not my reading plan but I will try to increase my posting frequency and also improve my quality of content. This is something I am going to work hard on this year and I will need your support and feedbacks for that. 

Happy New Year Once Again and my Best Wishes to all of you in accomplishing much more this year. May this year brings more Joy and Passion in your Life!! :-)

You can also see my 2018 Year in Reading Review here 


0 comments:

Post a Comment