Thursday 4 February 2021

Best & Worst Books I Read in 2020

A Little late, but here are few of the best & worst books I read in 2020. Honestly, I mostly read Romance this year, and most of them were fine. So, I don't have that many strong opinioned books. 


BEST BOOKS I READ IN 2020


BOOK #1 :- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie


And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie


Engaging and classic mystery by the queen of mystery itself. I read this in one sitting!  My fourth read by Agatha Christie and so far the best by her! I just love mystery/thriller with ‘trapped in an island/house/cabin/jungle’ kind of premise and this was one of the best I have read with this trope. Definitely different from her previous books I have read where we are following a specific person investigating a murder. But none the less very engaging and fun read! Loved it!


BOOK #2 :- A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men #5) by Linda Kage

Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men #5) by Linda Kage

I read this whole series last year... It's a romance series revolves around these men who have this club named 'Forbidden' in common. This series was a hit and miss for me. So, I went into this book with very low expectations because the hero is a flirting playboy. But he quickly grew on me and I loved both MC's and their chemistry. This became my favourite one in the whole series. There is just something about reformed rake I love a lot!


BOOK #3 :- Alpha Night( Psy Changeling #19, Psy Changeling Trinity #4)) by Nalini Singh



Another big series I read in 2020, and 'Alpha Night' is one of the favourite series among romance readers. This one is the latest entry in the series and definitely one of the my favourite. 


BOOK #4 :- Shards of Hope ( Psy Changeling #14) by Nalini Singh 



Another book in the Psy Changeling Series, also includes one of my favourite couples ( Aden & Zaira) apart from Max and Sophia from the series. I just loved both our main characters and how they were friends before their romance. They were great for each other and their backstories were just full fledged and emotional!


BOOK #5 :- The Broken Girls by Simone St. James



Another mystery/thriller in the list and one I was not expecting to love as much as I loved it. The writing was atmosphere and creepy and I loved all the characters. This is definitely one book which is going to stick with me for various reasons for a very long time. One great mystery thriller with ghost elements in it. Will definitely recommend this one!


BOOK #6 :- Hunted by Darcy Coates




One awesome horror thriller with mystery elements in it. I love Darcy Coates and her writing style and this one did not disappoint! This was one great thriller with the mix of survival horror and detective mystery , I loved that combination.

Overall, it was surprisingly a very good book with interesting characters. I really liked this college friends group and their friendship which was a nice change for a horror novel! Did not expect many things... terribly underrated book that you should check out!



Now time to discuss few books that either terribly disappointed me or I straight up did not like!


WORST BOOKS I READ IN 2020


BOOK #1 :- Worth it (Forbidden Men #6) by Linda Kage



This was one of the book which had great synopsis and I had high expectations for, but was a massive let down. I straight up did not like our main heroine ' Felicity' and that dual timeline theme did not gel with me. Knowing where they are now, did not make me excited to know more about their past. I wanted more of their present chapters and I did not like the justifications for most of the things. I liked Knox but could not understand or like Felicity and some of her choices. This all made me not rooting for them as a couple, which was not a good sign.


BOOK #2 :- Roadwork by Richard Bachman (aka Stephen King)


Stephen King' books has always made me conflicted about my feelings for them. I love their premises but his writing choices always are let down for me. This one is hands down the worst books I have read by him so far...it is slow, boring and depressing journey one that made me a little apprehensive to pick more of his work. 

As usual, interesting premise but so unnecessarily long execution for a King’ book. I was curious enough to continue as I wanted to know how this would end, but that was a very slow and boring journey.


BOOK #3 :- Mister Bodyguard(Morgen Brothers #4) by Lauren Rowe




Another romance series I read, but unlike other this one was a massive let down. I did not like most of the books in this series and this one was my least favourite. I absolutely hated the romance and definitely one of my least favourite bodyguard romance for sure! I am absolutely happy to forget that I even read this one


BOOK #4 & 5 :- Branded by Fire (Psy Changeling #6)& Kiss of Snow (Psy Changeling #10) by Nalini Singh


                                 

Both of these books were a massive letdown for me. In 'Branded by Fire', I did not like the chemistry and the push & pull between both MCs. It was very frustrating and, lets jus say it is not one of my favourite trope. 

Same is the case with 'Kiss of Snow', had very high expectations with Hawke's book , but I just could not deal with his possessiveness and Sienna's reckless and immature behaviour. I did not like their dynamics and was just wanted to get over with this book to get to the next one.

So, that's it for the list, just hope that 2021 is going to be better. Even if it is not, I would love to read more genres instead of romance and thriller (spoiler alert - its not going this way so far in Feb 2021)


0 comments:

Post a Comment