Monday 29 March 2021

My Reading Plans for April | 2021

So far, 2021 has been a very slow year for me in terms of reading. I have read a total of 9 books in these three months and really need to speed up. Therefore, I decided to inspire myself by making this TBR, which will also be my first TBR of 2021. This list is quite ambitious but whatever... here we go!

Firstly, I would like to mention three books I am currently reading -

- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Progress : 12%)

- The Toll by Cherie Priest (Progress : 17%)

- A House at the Bottom of the Lake by Josh Malerman (Progress : 20%)


Now, all the books I want to start (& hopefully finish) in April -


The Slippery Slope ( A Series of Unfortunate Events #10) by Lemony Snicket


The Slippery Slope ( A Series of Unfortunate Events #10) by Lemony Snicket


I have been reading this series for last 3-4 years and really want to finish it with last four books this year. All 9 books I have read so far have been great and would love to continue with this one in April.

The Sword of Kaigen by  M.L. Wang


The Sword of Kaigen by  M.L. Wang


I have been on a fantasy slump for so long, and now I really want to break that pattern and renew my love for fantasy once again! What would be better for that than this standalone! I know its a prequel to another of Wang series but can be read as a standalone. Very excited for this one, have heard nothing but positive about this book!

City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett


City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett


I started this one last year but did not continue after few pages due to my fantasy slump. But now I really want to read something like this so will be starting this one from the scratch.

Destroy me by Karen Cole


Destroy me by Karen Cole


I got this e-arc from Netgalley few months back, but now it is released and I have still not read this one. So, really need to to pick this one in April!

Our Last Night by Taylor Adams


Our Last Night by Taylor Adams


I really loved 'Eyeshot' and 'No Exit' by this author. So picking this one randomly, hoping to like it as much without knowing anything about it!

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides


The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides


This was the winner of Goodreads choice award in 2019 for Mystery/thriller... so have high expectations from this one!

Beartown (Beartown #1) by Frederick Backman


Beartown (Beartown #1) by Frederick Backman


I loved 'A Man Called Ove' by Frederick Backman, it was emotional and heartwarming. I know 'Beartown' involves some serious topics, but I expecting the same emotional and heartwarming message from this one too.

In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami


In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

This one is my random pick from the month... this was on my Goodreads TBR and I don't know much about this but the reviews which claims that this one is not a very easy to digest read and I am all up for this!

Hopefully, I will be able to read most of it in April... Will keep you updated...See you next time!



0 comments:

Post a Comment