Saturday 9 May 2020

***Suspense Thriller Read*** | Eyeshot by Taylor Adams | Book Review


AMAZON:INDIA | US


A very solid & intense thriller! 

This has to be the first time I am reading a thriller set in a desert and I loved the setting of this book. A deadly sniper is targeting this young couple - James and Elle Eversman, in the open grounds of Mojave desert. They are completely out in the open with nowhere to go, with only their broken-down car as a protection. Are they going to survive the bullet of this killer? For how long? Will they get the chance to start a new life in Tulsa? - With very slim chances and so many chapters left, I also wondered the same thing! 

There were so many odds against them and so much to lose, and all this made to a very tense and thrilling ride for readers. I loved the couple and their relationship; it was hard not to. Author spent so much time on their backstories, it was hard not to get attached with them. We also got the chapters from the killer’s perspective so the action was not all one sided. 

The only reason I did not give it five stars was because there were some moments where I felt the book was a little slow, as we spent a big amount of time on exploring the backstories of our characters. The scenes also felt unrealistic in few places. It was not a big issue for me, but it takes you out of the action a bit. 

I loved Taylor Adams writing, which I also liked in ‘No Exit’, so it was not a surprise. He writes such gripping action thriller scenes, worthy of being on a movie. It steals your attention and expand your imaginary senses! Definitely planning on reading my last unread book ‘Our Last Night’ by him soon! 

OVERALL RATING  - 4/5

BUY ON AMAZON : INDIA | US


0 comments:

Post a Comment