Monday 31 December 2018

My Reading Year - 2018!


As 2018 is ending and we are ready to welcome 2019, I am going back in the year, looking back to my overall reading status and see how far I have come in terms of reading!




Total Books Read - 80 (31,137 Pages)

I read total of 80 books, which was also my Goodreads goal and I finished it!! Actually I finished it quite a few days ago and literally have not read anything after that 😁

First Time Read - 69
Re Reads - 11




Maximum books I read was in the month of February, which is the smallest month but I was really reading in that month in super awesome speed and enthusiasm!





What can I say, I am a Fantasy lover and read quite a lot fantasy books,mostly action adventure kind!
Contemporary, being my least favourite genre, I read only one book which was 'The Hate you Give'.
I am surprised that I read that much romance (MM+Paranormal = 14 books), which was definitely in Nov month when I was in the mood!




 I did not read any bad book if I have to go by my rating. Only 9 books were average and the rest were good or awesome!






From my rating you can see I had a very good reading exposure this year. I am surprised that I only read 7 books which were published in 2018, rest were quite old. Most of the books I read were quite scattered. I read quite old books too. My oldest book was 'Murder on the Links' by Agatha Christie (Pub- 1923) and newest 'A Chosen Man' by Jamie Reese


Best Books I Read In 2018


King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner  -  Amazing Fantasy book in a fantastic series, especially if you love political intrigue!

House of Hades by Rick Riordan -  This was was a re read but really was an awesome treat for my adventure craving little heart. Percabeth for Life!!

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling -  It was an awesome nostalgic re read and I read first three books in last two months. It was AMAZING! 

Froi of Exile by Melina Marchetta - This is second book in 'Lumatere Chronicles'. Awesome Fantasy with lots of good characters!

Blood Song (Raven's Shadow #1)by Anthony Ryan - An epic fantasy by Anthony Ryan. Loved the Plot, world Building and characters!. You will love the school setting of this fantastic book. You can see my full book review here

The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison -  Out of all these, this is the most underrated standalone awesome fantasy novel I have ever read. Another one for Political fantasy lovers!
My Full Book Review here


I had an awesome reading year so cannot do worst books, but few books did disappoint me so here those are -

Disappointing Books of the Year


Born of Fire & Born of Night (The League #1 & #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon -  I love Dark Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon, so I when read first two books of  her another popular one series 'The League Series' and did not enjoy either of them it did pretty much disappoint me. Not sure when I will pick the third one but not in the mood for next few months!

Shades by Jaime Reese - I am a huge fan of 'Men of Halfway House' Series by Jaime Reese and Shades is her standalone book and I had high expectations from this one. Seriously this was pretty average and quite forgettable. I cannot remember a single thing about this one!

The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A Nielsen -  This is the third and last book in "Ascendance Trilogy' and this one was a huge disappointment as I loved 'The False Prince'. But this whole series went downhill after that and this one was the worst on the trilogy and left me with a 'meh' ending!

Hope you also had a great reading Year! I will be posting my plans for 2019 very soon so please be in touch for that!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment