Saturday 2 June 2018

Reading Updates - May Month - What I read

This is basically a wrap up of my May Month Reads and mostly follows my earlier TBR post for the month and I am going to discuss what I managed to read from that list (You can see that post here)

Well... It looks like I managed to read total of 6 books this month.All six books were from the same series  'Codex Alera' by Jim Butcher.

Codex Alera by Jim Butcher

Apart from this I did not read any other planned series,but I am still quite happy that I managed to finish this hulk of a series with quite complex world and story.

About Series -

This series is a coming-of-age story of a young man named Tavi in the realm of Alera (in the world of Carna), an empire similar to Rome. Every Aleran has some degree of command over elemental forces or spirits called furies, save for Tavi, who is considered unusual for his lack of any.Whole Alera is ruled by First Lord 'Gaius Sextus' whose health is slowly declining and who, with no apparent heir, struggles to maintain his position from the politics of ambitious High Lords of Alera and civil war.
As the series progresses we get to see Tavi plays an important role in between whole civil and cross border war.

Interesting Fact about Series -

The inspiration for the series came from a bet Butcher was challenged to by a member of the Del Rey Online Writer's Workshop. The challenger bet that Butcher could not write a good story based on a lame idea, and he countered that he could do it using two lame ideas of the challenger's choosing. The "lame" ideas given were "Lost Roman Legion", and "Pokémon" (Source-Wikipedia)
                                                              

My Thoughts -

This series has it all!

✔️ Great World Building
✔️ Amazing Magic System
✔️ Awesome Characters
✔️ Good Couples
✔️ Best Action Scenes 

Apart from all these things,I loved all the details about other races of Carna and how they all comes together at the end.

I am going to discuss each book separately so not giving much details here, but you can see my already posted review for the first book 'Furies of Calderon' here

My Overall Rating for the Series - ★★★★★




0 comments:

Post a Comment