Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Runaway King | The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A Nielsen | Book 2

The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
My Goodreads rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Runaway King starts a few weeks later from the events of last book 'The False Prince' and we see how Jaron is adjusting as being the King Jaron after taking over the throne.But an attempt on his life forces him to flee from Carthya and leave everything behind once again and now....surrounded by enemies from all directions,he have to save his kingdom from an impending attack.

It was overall a good read but I had same feeling for this like the previous one...Little predictable and unconvincing plot.The whole plotline with Pirates was unconvincing and quick,not quite fully developed in my opinion.Little disappointed but I really liked most of the characters,Jaron is still my favorite one in the series though.I especially liked Jaron's relationship & interactions with Imogen,Mott and Harlowe,would love to see more of them.

Not my favourite series but still a good read,definitely going to pick next one and see it to the end.

Overall Ratings -  3.75 Stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment