Wednesday 2 May 2018

TBR Plan for May 2018 - Actually My First Ever TBR Plan!

Greetings......My Fellow Readers!

From last few days I was remembering my past reading days and experiences.I was a very passive -active reader my whole life till 2017,I never made note of what I read and what I felt about these read books and believe me guys, I have read some actually trashy books which gave no meaning to my reading journey and me as a reader!!! Hence from this year onward I decided to actually make a record of what I am reading and share my thoughts and feelings about these books and see my progress as a reader and to actually think what I am reading and try to express these feelings to other people.So Guess what I did?

I started being more active on Goodreads (though I created my account years ago but rarely used it)

I started searching for releases and analyzes what actually interests me

I actually started thinking what I like in book and what I felt about a particular book and what I actually learnt from it

Now having read so many good series and books so far in this year, I have now decided to plan my readings and try to follow that plan.So here I am sharing one first organized (sort of!) To-Be Read list with you. I am quickly going to brief you about all books and how I have planned to go for it.

My To Read List includes -

Furies of Calderon - Book 1⇒ Start Codex Alera Series by Jim Butcher 

More specifically I am going to start with Book One - 'Furies of Calderon' and will see how much I like it and based on that and my reading mood, I will try to read as many as books in this series this month possible for me.

It's a Fantasy Series consists of six books and is coming of age story about a boy named Tavi in this magical world of Alera. As of now what I have heard about this series ,it's a combination of Roman and Pokemon,both of which sounds very interesting and I am intrigued!Let's see how it goes and how many books of the series I will manage to read this month.



Book 3 & 4 of Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket


The Wide Window & The Miserable Mill
It is children's fiction / dark fiction thirteen books series written by Lemony Snicket(AKA Daniel Handler).It is about Baudelaire siblings who are left orphan when a fire tragedy kills these three sibling's parents.Each book shows them with a guardian and how they deal with these changes along with running for their lives from their first appointed guardian/Antagonist Count Olaf,who is after their fortune.

So far I have read Book 1 'The Bad Beginning' and Book 2 ' The Reptile Room',both were 4 Stars read for me ( checkout my goodreads book 2 review here)

I had few issues with both,but it was still a good read enough for me to continue.I am planning to complete Book 3 & 4 'The Window Wide' and ' The Miserable Mill' this month.Let's see how it goes

⇒ Finish Remaining American Gods by Neil Gaiman

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Summary

Days before his release from prison, Shadow's wife, Laura, dies in a mysterious car crash. Numbly, he makes his way back home. On the plane, he encounters the enigmatic Mr Wednesday, who claims to be a refugee from a distant war, a former god and the king of America.

Together they embark on a profoundly strange journey across the heart of the USA, whilst all around them a storm of preternatural and epic proportions threatens to break.

Scary, gripping and deeply unsettling, American Gods takes a long, hard look into the soul of America. You'll be surprised by what - and who - it finds there...


Its an adult fantasy written by brilliant author Neil Gaiman and this is my first ever Neil Gaiman read so far ,its a gigantic book with more than 600 pages , I am still at 100 something. Don't get me wrong, it is a good read but I was not in the mood for adult fantasy last month and always found something better to read.But I will try my best to complete it this month for sure!


Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness



It is a Science fiction trilogy with some novellas in between and is set in a dystopian world where all living creatures can hear each other's thoughts in a stream of images, words, and sounds called Noise

First book in the series is called 'The Knife of Never Letting Go' and similar to Codex Alera, I will see if this is something i like and then see if I can read rest of the books of this series this month.Apart from this I have no idea about this and I would like to go with as little details as possible

Here is my complete TBR List and let's see how this reading month is going to be!

So let me see and follow this plan and by or after the end of this month,I am going to look back and share my experience on how much I succeeded.

See ya till next post then....🙋



0 comments:

Post a Comment