Sunday 27 January 2019

My Fantasy Books recommendations - Part 2

Fantasy is one of my favourite genre and I cannot stop thinking about many of the books I read, especially last year. I did my one fantasy recommendation post in June last year (See here) ,so not going to include those books in this post. But I read lots of fantasy books, hence my recommendations are going to keep updating and so is going to be the list, so here are more fantasy recommendation (Jan 2019 edition) for you!!


 Riftwar Saga by Raymond E Feist


 Riftwar Saga by Raymond E Feist


First Series in the world of riftwar cycle, 'Riftwar Saga' depicts the brilliant tales of the world of Midkemia along with some great characters. It all starts when,Pug, an orphan from Crydee becomes a magician's apprentice and later plays an important part of not only Midkemia but also another world called 'Kelewan'.

In this series,You will find loads of action, magic, great characters to root for and some romance to swoon for!

See my whole series review here


The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang


The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang



Published in 2018,'The Poppy War' is a fantastic debut novel by American- Chinese author R.F. Kuang, which deals with some dark subjects of war and opium. This book makes us face some really dark actual incidents which happened in the history of war. 

If you really like reading about school setting, coming of age story with military and war setting then this is one book for you! Just beware of some dark topics (like Rape, Genocide,drug use etc) this book deals with.

See my full review here


The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison


The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison


One of the most underrated read of mine, 'The Goblin Emperor' is a gem in fantasy, with an awesome Protagonist to root for! Maia is a neglected fourth son of the Faerie King, nowhere in the line of Throne, but one finds himself becoming the King. This is his journey of making the best of his situation amidst the chaos and conspiracy of the court.

If you like political/court fantasy with great character development, this is one read you should add in your shelf.

See my full review here


The Blood Song (Raven's Shadow #1) by Anthony Ryan


The Blood Song by Anthony Ryan


'Blood Song' follows our hero 'Vaelin Al Sorna' from childhood to maturity as he trains to become the warrior of the faith. Another book school setting. I have not read 'Name of the Wind'. but it has been compared to 'Blood Song'. So if you really like that series, you can read this one too. 

See Blood Song Review here




Elantris by Brandon Sanderson


Elantris by Brandon Sanderson


'Elantris' was my first read of 2019, as well as my first introduction to Brandon Sanderson. This is an awesome book with great world building and magic system with really fleshed out characters. Even if this is Sanderson's debut novel and considered as one of his weak work, I loved this one and its not very intimidating as compare to his other work.

So, If you are new to Epic Fantasy and really wants to start with Sanderson's book, I will recommend this one book for you!

My Full Book Review here


So that's it for now, but I am going to post more such recommendations in future as I am going to read more... So Stay tuned for that! 😉


0 comments:

Post a Comment