Tuesday 1 October 2019

Top 5 Reads So far this year! (Till Sept 2019)

Just like last year,I am going to do my five best reads till Sept ( see last year post here). 

Overall 2019 has been an okay year for me in terms of reading. I have read 51 books so far with lots of 4 stars but not many favorites. Still, I am going to discuss few books which genuinely touched my heart and mind....So here we go! (These are in no particular order)


Top 5 Reads So far this year! (Till Sept 2019)

WARBREAKER BY BRANDON SANDERSONIf you love fantasy but do not want to commit to a big series, I will definitely suggest you to pick this one up. Great choice if you want some great characters with unique magic system and world building

Full Review here

GHOSTED BY JM DARHOWER - 'Ghosted' is a beautiful and emotional story of second chance in love, simultaneously dealing with some in depth talk of self love and parental love. Usually that kind of premise is either a hit or miss for me, but something about the way characters were written in this one (flawed yet likable) and their relationship, made this book memorable and heart touching for me.
Full Review here

HOW TO BE A NORMAL PERSON BY TJ KLUNE - TJ Klune is a hit or miss author me and with this series he was a massive hit! I especially loved this first book. Don't think I ever have that much fun reading from a character perspective as I had while reading from Gus's.If you love funny contemporary gay romance with awesome characters, this is one book for you. 
Full Review here

SEVEN AND HALF DEATHS OF EVELYN HARDCASTLE - This has to be the most engaging book I have read this year. So while I am really not a very big reader of mystery thriller genre, I do sometimes come across the books with interesting premise that makes me excited to read them - 'The seven and half deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle' was one of them and I, not in the least was disappointed by the execution.This book has such an interesting plot and subplots within it, that I was completely hooked
Full Review here

PURE RAPTURE BY AJA JAMES - Pure/ Dark Ones is one series i started randomly with Pure healing and it gets better as it is progressing. 'Pure Rapture' is the fifth book in this series and have my favourite couple so far. Absolutely loved Tal and Ishtar, though Tal is going to be my all time favourite character in this series! Need to continue this series, but will probably reread this for the refresher first!

So, that's it for my top five list but I am really hoping to read few more good books and add them in my favourite list by the end of this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment