Sunday 16 September 2018

My Top 5 Reads So far this Year! (Till Sept 2018)

I have read around 56 books so far in the middle of september and while I have not read a favourite for last few months, I definitely have a couple of books to talk about as my favourites so far in 2018.
And guess what..all of them are either fantasy or mythology ( surprise!!! surprise!!...not).So here we go!!

BOOK NUMBER - 5

House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan -


The house of hades by Rick Riordan

After reading 'Mark of Athena' I did not think any other book in the series can top this. But I was wrong!! After the shocking cliffhanger of 'MoA', this book continues with our all heroes in the quest to defeat Gaea but.....SEPERATELY!.We see ourselves actually going through all horrendous experience in Tartarus along with Percy and Annabeth as if we are actually there. It was full of nervous anticipation for me. And the scene just before the ending literally WRECKED ME! I completely sobbed at that point.

It was Full of Action, Friendships and full of emotional wrecking moments for me. If you find first two book in the series slow and uninteresting. I would definitely recommend continuing with it and finish 3rd and 4th. Both were amazing but this one was my favourite among the all five books.

BOOK NUMBER - 4

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta (you can also choose #2 and #3)

Lumatere Chronicles by melina marchetta



This is a brilliant high fantasy first book in the series, mostly about this kingdom (later queendom) called Lumatere and its neighbour countries in later books.This is a brilliant saga of a lost kingdom, its people separated due to a curse and how ten years later few people groups together to reclaim and rebuild what is lost.

The whole story of bringing people together in this book then seeing how its people picks their life together after 10 years of seperation and horror in the following books was great.This series went wayyy beyond my expectation.Its a highly recommended series from me.


BOOK NUMBER - 3

Captain's Fury ( Codex Alera #3) by Jim Butcher


Caprain's fury by jim butcher


This is the third book in six books high fantasy series called 'Codex Alera' with brilliant world building and fantastic magic system. It's a coming of age story of a boy name Tavi. Set in the world of Alera it is a masterpiece with lots of roman element in it. If you like elemental furies as magic powers and full in roman style battle and political intrigue. Pick this series for sure, you will not regret it.

BOOK NUMBER - 2

Magician: Master ( Riftwar Saga #2) by Raymond E Feist


Magician: Master ( Riftwar Saga #2) by Raymond E Feist


This was a complete surprise to me. I read the 'Magician: Apprentice' , the first book in this series and really liked it, but I was not very hyped about the series. This book changed my opinion and made me hyped for rest books in these series.But mostly the characters were what made me loved this book and series as a whole.
Good thing is that it is a big universe with over 30 books under its belt so I will have a long reading experience with these characters , separately but present there never the less.


BOOK NUMBER - 1


King of Attolia (Queen's Thief #3) by Megan Whalen Turner


King of Attolia (Queen's Thief #3) by Megan Whalen Turner


You can guess that I only loved Fantasy this year but...yeah..that's true.While I read all genres, fantasy genre is what grabs my attention the most!
This is my most beloved book of this year so far.I loved it and what made me love this book and series as whole was the characters, I loved them to pieces.The main queen's thief 'Eugendies' is my favourite character of all time.I love him!!

Very eagerly waiting for the final sixth book 'Return of the thief'. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

So that's it for my favourite reads so far. Will be updating this again by the end of this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment