Sunday 7 July 2019

June Wrap up (2019)

June was a weird month for me. It started out very well, I started with a book from my TBR and read it as well as its sequel. Then it all went downhill and I randomly started picking romance (which is easy to pick in a slump). And that's how I finished 5 books this month. 

The Innocent Mage & The Awakened Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker #1 & #2) by Karen Miller


The Innocent Mage & The Awakened Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker #1 & #2) by Karen Miller


First Book was basically a surprise for me. I read quite a lot of negative reviews and the whole setup is something which you must have seen a lot. It's basically 'a chosen one' trope and our main character is too good at everything and stuff happens to him basically overnight. But I loved it! Chosen One is one of my favourite tropes in fantasy and I enjoyed the heck out of it. 

The second book was another story - It was a bit of let down and ending was quite underwhelming. It was slow paced and almost nothing happened in 70% of the book. 

The Innocent Mage (4 Stars) - Full Review
The Awakened Mage (3 Stars) - Full Review

Dark Pleasures & Dark Rapture (Pure/Dark Ones #4 & #5) by Aja James


Dark Pleasures & Dark Rapture (Pure/Dark Ones #4 & #5) by Aja James

Pure/Dark Ones is one series which have been improving as it is progressing. The First book, 'Pure Healing', was an okay book, but as I continued with the later books this series just got better. 

'Dark Pleasure is the fourth book with an awesome couple and their awesome relationship! I loved both Devlin and Grace and how their relationship progresses later.

But fifth 'Dark Rapture' wins the price for being the best book so far in the series and all because of our couple. I loved Tal and Ishtar and Tal is my favourite character in the whole series so far. As usual, I loved Aja's ability to include their past with the present story. Here in case, we go way back, when Tal is a blacksmith son and Ishtar is the dark princess. I loved their devotion to each other and how it was still there even after a million years of separation. It was heartwarming, heart- wrenching and sweet all in one as I finished it. 
Cannot wait to read the next one!

Full 5 Stars for both books!

The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood #17) by J.R Ward


The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood #17) by J.R Ward


The 17th book in a very long series and still going very strong! I really did not even remember who Murhder was when I read about him in the last book but as we progressed with this book I started warming up to him more and more! I really liked Sarah and reading about our old characters was everything. Really waiting for Trez and Selena's book next.

While not my favourite it was definitely a good read for me!

Rating - 4 Stars!

So that's it for my reading wrap up! As usual, I am also in the middle of a few books which I will discuss in my TBR.

So Stay tuned!

Comment below and let me know how was your reading month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment