Thursday 4 April 2019

What I read in March | Book Wrap up - 2019

Hello....My Fellow Readers! It's new month again and the time to discuss my reading wrap up from the previous month. (My March TBR)



My follow up from the last (March) TBR -

Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by JK Rowling  -  Finished ✔️
The Inquisition (Summoner #2) by Taran Matharu - Finished ✔️
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson - Finished ✔️
The Thief (Queen's thief #1) by Megan Whalen Turner - 20% in the story
Carrie by Stephen King - Finished ✔️
The 7½ deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton - 
Finished ✔️
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer -  10% in the story
The Test by Sylvain Neuvel - Did not start ❌
Night Film by Marisha Pessl - Did not start ❌


I did not try to read anything outside my TBR, so above finished 5 books are the only one I read and have started two more.




This was my nostalgic re-read of the month and had to be my favourite one so far in the series. No Surprise here -  I Loved it!
  
Overall Rating - Full 5 Stars!

Full Review of this book can be read here





I started YA fantasy trilogy 'Summoner' in Feb and continuing that, read second book in March. It was a lot more interesting than the first one and action packed too! 

 Overall Rating -  4 Stars!


Carrie by Stephen King

Carrie by Stephen King



Continuing my quest to read all Stephen King books, I picked his debut novel. It was an okay read for me. I really liked the plot, structure and idea of the book, unfortunately his writing style and under developed characters brought this book down for me.

 Overall Rating - 3 Stars!

Full Review of Carrie can be read here


 Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson




This is my second (after 'Elantris') and favourite read by Brandon Sanderson so far. It is a mixture of wonderful characters, awesome world building and unique magic system with little bit of political intrigue and mystery tossed in the mix - and I completely loved that combination!

Overall Rating - 4.75 Stars!

Full Review of Warbreaker can be read here


 The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle   



This has to be the most engaging book I have read so far in 2019. So, while I am really not a very big reader of mystery thriller genre, I do sometimes come across the books with interesting premise that makes me excited to read them - 'The seven and half deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle' has such an interesting plot and subplots within it, that I was completely hooked.
Overall Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Full Review of this book can be read here



I have also started 'The shock of the Fall' and 'The Thief' (reread) by Megan Whalen Turner, so will be part of my TBR for April month!


So, which books do you read? How many you liked or did not like? Do comment below and let me know! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment