Wednesday 13 March 2019

Nostalgic Reread | Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (Book #4)

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (Book #4)


'Goblet of fire' is the fourth and has to be the most action packed book in the series so far. When I first read this in 2011, I very much preferred Prisoner of Azkaban over this one, because the theme of this book is much darker and it only gets darker in later of the series. But reading it almost after eight years have taught me how much my tastes have changed,now this has to be my favourite one so far.

The Intro-

Getting right into the background of 'Riddle House' from the first page, gave me such creepy and evil vibes, it was definitely a lot darker start compare to previous three books (which gives us a little cheery holiday vibes from the start). I really liked how it started so differently from others, you get that change of tone from the start and I was alongside picturing all the scenes and visuals from the movie in my head.

Characters -

If we talk about characters- I found Ron really annoying in this one and I know he is going to be more annoying further in the series. But that's teenage phase for you, that is expected. My favourite character has to be Hermione, the voice of reason among the trio, but emotionally I am the most attached to Harry, as we are going with him throughout the whole series. In my first read, all the newly introduced or supporting characters were not that much relevant to me or I did not notice that much about them at that time . But now after knowing a lot more, I picked up on some many good moments and scenes I LIVED for. Especially the whole Weasley clan, I cannot emphasize enough on how much I want to be part of this family.


My favourite parts were definitely all chapters related to Quidditch world cup and triwizard tournament

There were so many Laugh out Loud moments in this one, for instance when Harry and Ron tried to do their divination's homework. That was FUNNY! 😆 Also, this book kind of ended with such a bittersweet note, due to what happened and what we know is going to happen further in the series, that I had a tearing moment by the end.

Let's see how coming books are going to stand in the list and how much my thoughts have changed on most of the things.

You can order the copy of 'Goblet of Fire' here  -  (Amazon US/ Amazon UK / Amazon India)

0 comments:

Post a Comment