Wednesday 3 October 2018

Reading Updates - My Sept Wrap Up (2018)

September month was a good reading month for me. I managed to follow most from my TBR planned in the starting of the month.So it really feels good when I discuss my reading update with you guys this time.

Overview -

  • Total Books finished - 7
  • Genres - Fantasy - 4, Horror - 1,Sci Fi - 1,Children fiction - 1
  • Old Author - 5
  • New Author - 2
  • Standalone - 1, Series - 6


What I Read in September Month!


↠  Horns by Joe Hill 


Horns by Joe Hill , Horror

What happens if you suddenly wakes up with horns on your head and the power to influence people and know their dirtiest and darkest desire?The story 'Horns' - that's what happens!

If you like dark and twisted books with a liking to slow and little over explained words then this is the book for you. As I mentioned in my review that it was an okay read for me. Few parts I really liked and few were boring for me.You can still give this a try this Halloween season if you want. Definitely something different for sure!


↠  Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy #1) by Sally Green


Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy #1) by Sally Green, YA Fantasy

In a world of good and bad witches - Nathan is a born from both, he is a half code.Born from the most notorious and evil black witch alive,Nathan is unaccepted by both sides.Story starts with Nathan being in a cage and we see from the start how he got their and what is his story.

It was a bit slow with very less plot development, we see mostly the struggle of Nathan and how he gains his freedom and joins others like him. Still, it was good and a 4 star read for me.
You can see my full review here


↠  Rise of the Wolf (Mark of the Thief #2) by Jennifer A Nielsen 


The Rise of the Wolf (Mark of the Thief #2) by Jennifer A Nielsen),YA Fantasy
Story follows a young miner named Nic, who one day comes across a magical amulet, which makes every political presence in Rome behind him to get that power. But this is not only about power, it has even more significance related to mythology which can also means the destruction of the whole Rome.This is basically the summary of first book and this book follows after that.

Just like the first book 'The mark of the thief' it was an average read. It was nothing spectacular but I really liked the Roman aspect of it.
Overall 3 Stars!

↠  A Darkness in Sethanon (Riftwar Saga#4) by Raymond E Feist

A Darkness at Sethanon ( Riftwar Saga #4) by Raymond E Feist

A wonderful ending to a wonderful series!

It was very enjoyable and what started with 'Magician:Apprentice',took a great and satisfactory turn in this. This is a saga filled with great action,characters and the best of all different worlds!

You can see this fourth book's review here


↠  The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events #4) by Lemony Snicket 


The Miserable Mill ( A Series of Unfortunate Events #4) by Lemony Snicket
It's the best in the series so far (an unpopular opinion I guess). Even though I found few scenes silly still I enjoyed this book a lot.

I love our three Baudelaire children and would definitely be reading next book to see how their boarding school experience is going be

4 Stars!



↠  The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness 


After my mixed feelings towards Todd in the previous book, this one did manage to warm me up towards him. I know he made many mistakes here too but still by the end I was sympathetic due to how much he went through. Loved going into the story from Viola's perspective, it was a nice change from being in Todd's head only. 

I loved Patrick Ness's writing and the unpredictability of the plot. Every chapter kept me on the edge and I loved the unexpected turn the book took in the very last chapter!Really excited to conclude this trilogy with 'Monsters and the Men' and short stories!
Full Review here

↠  Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale


Merchant of Death( Pendragon #1) by D.J. MacHale

This was an unplanned book for me. On a whim I bought this e-book and read it.I had trouble starting it and could not get into this initially. But over the pages, I really was into this story and really liked it overall.

First book in a ten book series, this is about a regular school going kid 'Bobby Pendragon',who finds himself on another world and gets to know things about his family line which he was not aware of! This starts a series of adventure with him and his friends. It was awesome!
It was a four stars read for me! The intial lack of connection with the characters was the reason it was not a five stars!


I was also 70% though my nostalgic read of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) stone in Sept ( which I completed on 2nd Oct so going to count in this month).It was also part of my Sept TBR 


Planned Sept TBR - 8 Books
Read Books from TBR - 6.5 Books!

Not Bad.....See you in next post!! 🙋🙋

0 comments:

Post a Comment