Sunday 12 April 2020

What I read in March | Wrap up | 2020


Overall, March was a good reading month for me. I finished total 14 books in March, out of which 5 books were the part of my planned TBR challenge (out of 8), and 9 books I read were from a contemporary romance series.So,feeling pretty good about myself for that :-))

So, I read total 5 out of 8 books from my planned TBR and had pretty good experience with most of them!

A short scifi story by a completely new author, this was for the challenge - 'A book you meant to read in 2019' and I finally read it. It was very weird and not completely what I expected, but really enjoyed.

My Goodreads review for The Test :

Really liked this one. Kind of a dystopian world where one has to pass this messed up secret test for british citizenship.Things gets weirder as we follow this test. I loved the 90% of the book, but that last chapter kind of brought this book down for me a little. It was not a very satisfying conclusion for me, I wanted a little more explanation. Hence, giving it 4 stars instead of 5.
BUY ON AMAZON - INDIA | US


THE BROKEN GIRLS BY SIMONE ST JAMES



Hands down, one of the best mystery/thriller I have ever read so far this year. It was for the 'A Book with three word title' challenge in the TBR. I just loved the suspenseful,creepy and historic elements of this book. Loved the characters,friendship and ghost elements in the story.Full 5 stars!

You can read my detailed review here


BUY ON AMAZON - INDIA | US


 Roadwork by Richard Bachman


I read another Stephen King and this was definitely the worst book I have ever read by him, as well as the worst book of the March.It was part of 'A Book published in the month of your given birthday' (which is March) TBR challenge. Overall Rating -2/5

Full Review here
  


BUY ON AMAZON: INDIA | US


PINES (WAYWARD PINES #1) BY BLAKE CROUCH




This was for the challenge 'A Book with a nature word in the title' and honestly, it was the most disappointing read for me in March.I gave it 3 out of 5 stars!

My Goodreads review for Pines :


Not sure how I feel about this one.I really liked the overall premise and the little bit of action we had in last few chapters.Otherwise, I was not a big fan of characters and the middle part of the book was kind of okay.
Need to process this one a little. Will be picking the second book after a while.


BUY ON AMAZON: INDIA | US


A MAN CALLED OVE BY FREDRIK BACKMAN


A MAN CALLED OVE BY FREDRIK BACKMAN

Another favourite for the March. I read this under 'A Book with atleast four star rating on goodreads' challenge. This book has very high rated reviews and I completely stand by them. Loved all the characters, it was so heartwarming and I loved the 'found family' trope in this so much. It made me happy, sad as well as mad - And I loved this for enticing so much emotion in such a short time! Full 5 Stars!


BUY ON AMAZON: INDIA | US

Apart from my TBR, I also read a contemporary romance series



FORBIDDEN MEN (BOOK #1-9) BY LINDA KAGE

This was all over the place, I loved most of the books but few were also little underwhelming. I binge read 9 out of 10 books in the series and loved most of them. I just did not like the sixth book at all, I did not like the overall premise and did not like the heroine but loved the hero.

Still, overall, it was a good time!:-)

Book #1 Prize of A Kiss : 3.5 Stars
Book #2 To Professor, With Love: 4 Stars
Book #3 Be My Hero: 4 Stars
Book #4 With Every Heartbeat: 4 Stars
Book #5 A Perfect ten: 5 Stars
Book #6 Worth it: 2 Stars
Book #7 The Girl's Got Secrets: 4.5 Stars
Book #8 Priceless: 3.5 Stars
Book #9 Consolation Prize: 4 Stars


BUY ON AMAZON: INDIA | US

So, that's it for the post. Comment and let me know, how your year is going so far? Read any good books? Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment