Saturday 18 April 2020

Book Review | The Passengers You Cannot See by The Behrg

The Passengers You Cannot See by The Behrg


Every story has its beginning and end. But some stories won’t let go. Some stories dig their claws into you. They infect your dreams. They carve out a residence in your mind. They become passengers . . .

Ones that never leave.

Within this collection of short stories by esteemed horror author The Behrg you will discover a haunted house that is not quite what it seems. A trophy collector who prefers living statues to cold ones. A truck driver who, with one good deed, finds more than he bargained for. And a world where happiness can no longer be felt.

Light and darkness. Hope and despair. Depravities and humanity. These passengers and more await. And they’ve been sharpening their claws to greet you.


MY THOUGHTS




'The Passengers You Cannot See' is a collection of 15 short horror stories, and you have all different sub-genres of horror in these stories. Few of them I really liked & few were either disappointing or too boring for me.

Stories I really liked :


- One Star Review : Creepy & dark side of a writer, I really liked the twist in this one
- Kill Your Darlings : It was really disturbing and I liked the concept very much
- Patterns : This one was kind of psychological and paranormal horror, and the twist completely took me by surprise.
- Stillborn: Another one with creepy & cool concept, really liked this one.

Apart from this, there were few stories I thought had so much potential but due to the writing style author chose, made them so vague and kind of pointless that I lost my interest. 
And few were just underwhelming and not scary at all.

Overall, I really liked the concept but the writing style was so not for me.

MY RATINGS : 2/5
**Received an eARC from Netgalley and Victory Editing for an honest review**

GET THIS ON AMAZON : INDIA | US

0 comments:

Post a Comment