Sunday 15 March 2020

What I Read in February | Wrap up | 2020



I read 7 books in February, out of which only two were from my planned TBR (I know, I suck at this!). So, let's discuss them briefly here!

Firstly, from my TBR, I finished 2 books and started one but did not finish.

THE PERFECT MOTHER BY CAROLINE MITCHELL - This was one of the eArc I requested from Netgalley. Overall, it was an engaging read, even if a little weak for a mystery/ thriller. Had a very strong start but got weak by the end. Overall 3.5 Stars!
My Full review can be read here

THE MARTIAN BY ANDY WEIR - My first SciFi of 2020 and I definitely started with a good one. Overall loved the characters and story. But it was pretty heavy on scientific content, which kind of bored me in some places, hence the 4 stars for this!
Full review here

Also started 'City of Stairs' from my TBR but I was not in the mood so set that aside at that time. Will be picking it up again when I am in the mood.

I was on a big reading slump in the first half of the month. To get out of it I picked a lot of romance back to back. Most of them were rereads and I chose different kind of romances here!


FAKE OUT (FAKE BOYFRIEND #1) BY EDEN FINLEY - I wanted to read some mm romance with fake boyfriend element in it and got this one as recommendation. This is the first book in the series and started out pretty strong and funny. I totally enjoyed the first half of the book. But it got quiet slow and drama heavy in the second half and the cheesiness and ending did not impress me a lot. 

Still a solid read for this particular trope, but not my favourite!
Rating - 3.5 Stars


LEO LOVES ARIES (SIGNS OF LOVE #1) BY ANYTA SUNDAY - Another MM romance I picked based on the recommendations and good reviews. Another first one in the series and a new author for me. It was as expected an entertaining read for me. 
Thoroughly enjoyed it! I liked both MCs, a solid 4 stars read for me. It was not one of my favourite in the genre but a good read for sure!

WIN SOME LOSE SOME BY SHAY SAVAGE - To make myself feel better I re-read one of my favourites from last year. A complete happy experience for me. Finished this in one sitting and it was amazing. This is a YA straight romance which focuses on Matthew Rohan', a teenager with 'Asperger’s Syndrome'. We follow his romance with a classmate and how he gets out of his comfort zone a bit by bit after developing a sort of friendship with her. It is such a sweet and feel good book with some heavy topics discussed. Still, it is one of my comfort read!
Full 5 Stars!

MAIDEN LANE BOOK (#4 & #5) by Elizabeth Hoyt - I read first five books in this series years ago but did not continue after that. In Feb, on a whim, I kind of picked the fourth book in this historical romance series. Had no memory of anything here so it was kind of a fresh reread for me. I kind of remember liking it earlier but this was a disappointing reread for me this time for both the books!

 I gave 'Thief of Shadows' (Book #4)
- 3 stars - It had a pretty interesting premise and a swoon worthy hero to root for but I just was not that into the romance between hero and heroine. And for a romance book, it sucks, right!

But the real blow came with the fifth book 'Lord of Darkness'. I absolutely hated our heroine 'Margaret' with a burning passion! So, even though the story was good and I loved the hero, our heroine kind of ruined the book for me. A 1.5 Stars read for me! I have not read any book in the series after that, but this one made me kind of weary to read the sixth one, even though its about different people. I am going to take my time before reading the next one in the series!

So, here we go, all the seven books I read in Feb. Comment and let me know, how your year is going so far? Read any good books? Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment