Tuesday 31 March 2020

My April Read (Quarantine Reads) | 2020

I had a great reading month in March and as I am going to work at least the half of April at home, I think its time to get overambitious and put a lot of books I want to read on my this month's TBR!

First of all, I want to include three of the books from last few month's TBR which I started, but did not finish for some reason.




 Emma by Jane Austen

I have no excuse this time! This was in my January & March TBR and I failed to read it beyond 20%. I am like this for classics, especially unabridged version of them. But I am determined to finish it this time and I am going to do it! (Maybe 😅)





CITY OF STAIRS (DIVINE CITIES #1) BY ROBERT JACKSON BENNETT

I am in such a fantasy slump this year and have not finished a single fantasy so far in 2020. So, same with this one, it was in my February TBR and I started it but did not go beyond 10%! So, here I am with this in April TBR, I was really liking it but left it unread!




PROMISE OF BLOOD BY BRIAN MCCLELLAN

Same with this book, fantasy & I are having a complicated relationship right now. But I am going to compromise and try to mend it!




SHARP OBJECTS BY GILLIAN FLYNN

I really want to start a Gillian Flynn book this month, More than Gone Girl I am interested in this one's premise. Hopeful that I'll like this!





THE PASSENGERS YOU CANNOT SEE BY THE BEHRG

The Passangers you cannot see is the Net galley e-ARC I got in March. This book is basically collection of short horror stories I know nothing about. It is now released but I am still planning on reading the ARC I got.




ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (HARRY POTTER #5) BY JK ROWLING

I was rereading the series last year but stopped after 'Goblet of Fire'. So, I am going to continue with the fifth one in April.




SLAVE TO SENSATION (PSY CHANGELING #1) BY NALINI SINGH

This is going to be my first TBR when I am setting my romance read for the month. I usually picks romance randomly. But I have been meaning to start this series quite a while ago. Worrying about not liking it as much, but let's see how it goes!





 Pretty Girl by Karin Slaughter

I am hyped for this one, don't know much about the story but have heard good things. 




EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU BY CELESTE NG

I have heard very good things about Celeste Ng and really wants to start with this one.



DUKE OF MIDNIGHT ( MAIDEN LANE #6) BY ELIZABETH HOYT

Little iffy about this one because first five books have been quite all over the place and I really did not like the fifth book. So on that note let's how it goes!



AND THEN THERE WERE NONE BY AGATHA CHRISTIE

Nothing to say about it other than that this is one of Agatha Christie's strong books and I really am in mood of some classic mystery.





 THE CARNIVOROUS CARNIVAL (A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS #9)  BY LEMONY SNICKET

Another series I am reading for so long and have not finished yet. I really liked the eighth one and it quite ended on a cliffhanger. So, will be picking this to see more on Baudelaire siblings lives.


Very excited with my whole TBR so let's see how this month is going to go!


0 comments:

Post a Comment