Monday 2 March 2020

March TBR | 2020 | ** BOOK CHALLENGES**

I failed to follow my Feb TBR last month, managed to read only 2 out of the 7 intended books. So this month to motivate myself further, I am including few reading challenge prompts in my TBR from various challenges (old & New). 

I am not following any specific challenge but mixing and matching all of them for this month. But I will be sharing link to all the blogs I took these prompts from at the end of this post. Be sure to check that out for details!


CHALLENGE ONE Book by a Dead Author


For this I chose 'Emma' by Jane Austen, it was in my Jan TBR but I managed to get 20% into this and did not pick again - That's what I get for picking the long unabridged version!

Emma by Jane Austen
                                 
Anyways, its perfect time for me pick it again for this challenge and I am adding it to my March Reading List!


CHALLENGE TWO : A 2020 Release

The Wise Friend by Ramsay Campbell

                                  
With this one I am killing two birds with one stone . I got the arc of 'The Wise Friend by Ramsey Campbell' from Netgalley and have only few 2-3 weeks to finish. It's a 2020 release and sounds very promising with its interesting plot. So here we go!


CHALLENGE THREE : A Book Over 500 Pages


Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan

For this I really wanted to choose something from my goodreads 'Will Read Soon' TBR, so I chose 'Promise of Blood' by Brian McClellan. This is the first book in the 'Powder Mage' trilogy. I know nothing about this one but if I really like this one, will definitely be picking further books in the series.


CHALLENGE FOUR A Book published in the month of your given birthday


I am a March born (yay!birthday month!), so for this I picked 'Roadwork' by Richard Bachman (AKA Stephen King), it was originally published on 3rd March 1981. 

 Roadwork by Richard Bachman

Apart from this awfully old cover, it is also one of King's old work - which I really wanted to pick more. I have a very complicated relationship with his books, but I very often like his ideas and premise. Let's see what will happen with this one. This is one of the bind up I bought of Bachman's work so I might as well should pick this one!


CHALLENGE FIVE A Book with atleast four star rating on goodreads


A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman


I am picking 'A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman'  for this one. 


This is a very well received book with an average 4.36 ratings on goodreads. One of the book from my over-piling TBR and on priority. Of course, I had to pick this one!


CHALLENGE SIX A Book with three word title 


 The Broken Girls by Simone St. James

Picking 'The Broken Girls by Simone St. James' for this one.

Another book I am really excited to read.This one has such a unique hostel and historical fiction murder mystery vibes, I really wants to pick this one very soon!

CHALLENGE SEVEN A Book you meant to read in 2019


The Test by Sylvain Neuval

'The Test by Sylvain Neuval'  was in my last year TBR, but I did not pick it up and kind of forgot all together. It's short and very intriguing with strange sci-fi vibes, I am going to like it for sure!


CHALLENGE EIGHT A Book with a nature word in the title (wind,rain, snow etc)


 Pines by Blake Crouch

I have been meaning to pick one Blake Crouch book for ages. Don't want to pick his very Scifi books. So, picking 'Pines (Wayward Pines #1)' for this prompt and this month's TBR!


Blogs I picked these prompts for this month's challenges -





********************************************************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment