Saturday 15 February 2020

My January Wrap up | 2020

The New year brought me into such an optimistic reading mood in Jan, that I managed to finish 4 books out of 6 from my planned TBR.

Though I did not read that many books and did not complete my TBR, it was still a good reading month for me as I liked almost all the books I read.




 I started my year with mystery/thriller, which I was craving at that time and this book delivered a wild ride. I liked it a lot, gave it 4 stars
Full review here


This is my favourite so far in 2020, another horror gem by Darcy Coates. I read her 'Dead Lake' last year and I really liked that. Decided to pick this pick based on its premise, loved it! 4.5 Stars read for me, few characters were a little irritating but otherwise I LOVED it!
Full review here


Finally I read the eight book in 'A series of unfortunate events' after so many months of procrastination.Really a dumb move,it was good and my favourite by far in the series.Really want to see what is going to happen with the children after that cliffhanger.
4.5 stars!


This was my last read of the month, finished on the very last day of January.
My feelings for this is quite complex.There were few things I really liked and few things really bugged me.Gave it 3 stars
You can check my whole review for this here

I also started 'Emma' by Jane Austen but only read 20% of it and put it down for another time, I will pick it back when my mood strikes for classics. Will be continuing it then.

That's it for the Jan wrap up, hope to have a better reading in February (SPOILER ALERT : It's not going very well!)



*****************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment