Monday 30 December 2019

My Reading Year in 2019

We have reached that time of the year, where I look back to my reading year as a whole and make new plans for the new year. 


In this post, we will do a little recap of my 2019 reading year and see what my reading was like.

You can see my Goodreads reading year here





So, as you can see I read total of 73 books this year. With the average 350 page length.It was little less than my previous year, but I kind of expected that, given my reading slump.


Out of these 73 books, 6 were rereads, 67 first time read.

I mostly read Romance this year. Specially in the second half, as I was in a reading slump a lot during that time.


Year-Statistics

Overall,it was a good reading year for me. Most of them were 4 Stars and not single one below 2 stars.


*****************

Best Books of the Year -


I am not including rereads from past years,these are all books I read this year only - in no particular order.

Also, I am really bummed that I did not manage to read much Fantasy in year, most of the good ones were rereads so did not include them.So you will see most of them are romance -


Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage -  My first random reading attempt for this author, and it was successful! I just loved the characters and their relationships -be it family relationship or romance. Pretty much all I want from a contemporary romance, and I got that in spades! Definitely one of my favourites of all time.

Pure Rapture (Pure/Dark Ones #5) by Aja James This is a very good series for me which is only getting better as it is progressing. I love paranormal romance with expanding world and such great relationship dynamics and mystery elements with it. Only first book was okay for me, I have loved all books since then. Totally due for a reread in 2020, so that I can catch up with the released books in the series.

Grin & Beard it (Winston brothers #2) by Penny Reid  -  A new series I started this year. And I loved this book especially. Jethro surprised me, because I was pretty indifferent towards him in the previous books.But he was flawed but likable. I loved other books also in the series, but this one was my favourite out of all!

Her Rogue Alpha (X-Ops #5) by Tyler Paige  -  Another one awesome series I flew through this year.This is another paranormal series which improved with its expansion. This book especially, is about Layla and Jayson, whose story was building from last few books. So, getting this after all the buildup and my attachment to them played a very big part. I especially loved the action we got in this. Absolutely loved it! 

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson  -  I started my Brandon Sanderson read in 2019, this is my second read by him after 'Elantris'. Love everything about it!. You can see my full review here


Worst Books of the Year -


Storm (Ashes & Ember #1) by Carian Cole   - This is one series I started on a very negative note. It is also my worst book of this year. There are so many elements in this that I am quite bitter about. So many cliche elements of a rock romance, Cringy Insta- lust and love from both MC's and cheating (many will argue, but it was what it was). I did not like romance at all. I liked the band, that's why gave it 2 Stars instead of 1. 

Vandal (Ashes & Ember #2) by Carian Cole   - Continuing with the bad books, it was only a little better than the first one. I did not hate it, but there were so many unrealistic moments in this one for me. I had to completely suspend my disbelief to continue. And...I had trouble liking both the MC's. I liked everything else, hence 3 Stars!

Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban - This one actually disappointed me a lot. I was really hoping to love the romance and mystery part of it, but these two things were so under-developed that I was not able to enjoy either of them.That plot line had so much potential but all ruined just to create some more drama in the story.Not a big fan of Ty, not going to continue this series at all.
2.75 Stars!

Beauty & the Mustache (Winston brothers #0.5) by Penny Reid - As a part Penny's  'Knitting in the city' series, this is kind of introduction to Winston brother series. And it was frankly my least favourite in the series. I did not like Ashley at all in this one. She was irritating and I did not like her chemistry with Drew (whom I adored) at all! She grew on me in another books, but this was not something I liked from Ms. Reid.

So, that's it for this post. Stay tuned for more such content!

A Very happy New Year! Hope you all have a fabulous reading year in 2020





0 comments:

Post a Comment