Monday 8 July 2019

Review | Dark Pleasures (Pure/Dark Ones #4) by Aja James

Review | Dark Pleasures (Pure/Dark Ones #4) by Aja James


This is my second read to refresh my memory for the fifth book and I loved it! I especially loved our main couple - Devlin and Grace. And the way they met for the first time, that whole scene and Devlin's reaction to Grace's behaviour during that encounter - It was funny!

I have adored all our heroes so far in the series and Devlin was clearly no exception, I loved him. He was my serious, old fashioned bookworm warrior with the mask of flirtatious rake on the surface.

"He’d learned how to fight, how to shoot the heart out of any target, how to unravel the most complicated puzzles. How to kill. He learned how to flirt too, because charm and friendliness opened doors and made connections better than introversion and bookishness. And he learned that being a charmer, a devil-may-care rake, was a fantastic disguise that sheltered the real man inside.”


I loved how despite suffering all the betrayals in the past, he still had the courage to open his heart again so beautifully. He was definitely one of the best parts of the book for me!

Usually, I tend to like my heroes more than their heroines, but Grace quickly won me over with her awkwardness and mad hacking skills. Her reaction (or lack thereof) after learning of Devlin non-human status was funny and great.

"He seemed like a “normal” guy if extraordinarily beautiful. Well, and there were the fangs and the bloodsucking. But nobody was perfect"


Apart from these two, I completely loved Tal! How my heart breaks for him!! He is my ultimate tortured precious hero and I honestly can say he is going to be one of the best parts of this whole series for me!!

I would also like to take a moment to appreciate Aja James's writing which is improving with her books, it was engaging as well as easy to follow. I especially love the balance she keeps between showing present and past lives of our characters, that's just perfect!

Apart from them, there are so many characters I would like to explore in future books!

This was definitely a great time to reread this one. I thoroughly enjoyed myself a lot and it also brought back so many things I need to know about in further books! Immediately picking Tal's book next!!

My Ratings - Full 5 Stars!


Pure/Dark Ones Series - All Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment