Monday 23 July 2018

Book Review - Silverthorn (Riftwar Saga #3) by Raymond E Feist



Silverthorn by Raymond E Feist


Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist
My rating -  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 (out of 5)



Third in the 'Riftwar Saga' series,this book continues an year after the events of second book.Arutha finally confesses his love to Anita and proposes marriage to her.We see that a very dark ancient power is after Arutha and tries to finish him off from the face of Midkemia.In the process of destroying him,his bride gets the brunt of it and now Arutha will do anything to save his love.On the day of the wedding , Princess Anita is injured due to a poisoned bolt and is now on the verge of death.After that the most part of the book is about Arutha and his journey to the different lands of the kingdom in search of a herb called 'Silverthorn' for the sake of his beloved's life.Will he be able to find it in time and defeat the evil power who is after him? The answer is in this awesome book of 400+ pages.


My Thoughts


Plot, World & Writing-

The first part of the book is all about Arutha and his group, which have Jimmy, Martin, Laurie and Gardan for the most of the part, later accompanied by few more new characters.This part is mostly spent travelling and trying to outrun this evil power's army,finding the cure of the poisoned bolt and the understanding the reason behind it.It was a slow read for me,as the group went from one city to another in this quest, it was all same for me,with same pattern.

But I loved the second part of the book, it had both Pug and Arutha's chapters. We had Pug, who is on another mission to find the source of this evil power, once again he goes to Kelewan and deals with the repercussions of the previous book's events.Each and every information and revelation somehow is like a piece of puzzle which contribute to the old and dark time of Chaos War in both worlds. Last third part of the book had me engrossed with its action packed plot and I flew through that part in just matter of hours.

Overall I loved the Second half of the book a lot. If you think you got the both world uncovered in last books,you got it wrong! We gets into even more unknown parts of Midkemia and Kelewan in this one and you can feel the surroundings as you experience what our characters are going through in both the worlds.The writing is vivid and descriptive, but not overly descriptive and you can imagine yourself in the forests,mountains and the dark and wintery worlds.

☆☆☆☆☆


Characters & Relationships- 

I loved everyone in this book.Unlike the previous books,there was not a single person with whom I actually had any issue.We had Arutha and Jimmy as our main characters for the most part of the book and I loved their bonding and bickering.Arutha is a serious character but Jimmy's witty and fun nature brought the best of him.Even when he was sulking due to 
circumstances,Jimmy was their to help him out along with Martin. Apart of them I loved our ConDoin brothers trio and I  would love to have them as my group of siblings.

As for our old beloved protagonists, we had most of the Pug scenes in the second half and I lived for them.Only sad part was very less Tomas but I guess we will have that in next book.I loved how much understanding there was in between Pug and Katala (#RelationshipGoals)

So like the previous two,we had the resolution at the end but also knows that worst is yet to come, everything is not over yet. Ending brought even more anticipation of what is going to happen next and how this first series is going to conclude and I can't wait to get my hands into the next one

☆☆☆☆☆

Favourite Quote - 

“Life is problems. Living is solving problems.” 



See you in the next post...Bye 🙋

0 comments:

Post a Comment