Saturday 2 May 2020

What I Read in April | Wrap up | 2020

Taking full advantage of my quarantined life in April , I finished 20 books last month. Out of 20, I read 7 books out of 12 from my planned TBR. Overall it was a great month!
* Technically I read two classics, but I added the second one in mystery/thriller genre.

BOOKS I READ IN APRIL



Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn : This was from my April TBR and my Introduction to Gillian Flynn. 3 Stars read - disturbing but a little underwhelming. Read my full review here

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie: This was my favourite read from the month. I just love classic mystery/thriller with ‘trapped in an island/house/cabin/jungle’ kind of premise and this was one of the best I have read with this trope. Full 5 Stars!
Full Review here

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter : Another author I finally read from! It was completely disturbing and suspenseful. I was not a big fan of characters and there were few (racist) things that bothered me. Hence, overall gave this 4 Stars! 

The Passengers We Cannot See by The Behrg: This was a netgalley ARC I got in March and finally read in April. This was a Collection of 15 horror short stories, few were quite innovative & I liked, few were just a slog to get through. Overall did not connect with the author's writing style. Gave 3 Stars!
Full Review here

Emma by Jane Austen: A Jane Austen classic I read after a very long time. It was okay, I just did not care for majority of this book. But really liked the Emma's character development and the premise. Gave 3 Stars to this!

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng : Very Sad and emotional book. I went into this expecting more mystery but it was a contemporary book at its core with a little bit mystery. Overall 4 Stars! You can read my full review here

Maiden Lane Series (BOOK #6 - #12.5) by Elizabeth Hoyt : A Historical Romance series which started few years ago but did not continue. Decided to pick this one again and managed to binge read the whole series. I read 7 books & 3 Novellas in this series. It was an awesome experience. 

Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane #6) - 3 Stars
Darling Beast (Maiden Lane #7) - 3.5 Stars
Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane #8)- 4 Stars
Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane #9)- 4.5 Stars
Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane #10)- 3.75 Stars
Once Upon A Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane #10.5) - 4 Stars
Once Upon a Christmas Eve (Maiden Lane #10.7) - 3 Stars
Duke of Pleasure (Maiden Lane #11) - 4 Stars
Duke of Desire (Maiden Lane #12) - 4 Stars
Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane #12.5) - 4 Stars

The Morgan Brothers (Book #1 - #4) by Morgan Rowe ; Randomly picked this series after hearing good things about this. Overall a disappointing journey, but really liked the first book!

Hero (Book #1) - 4.5 Stars
Captain (Boom #2) -  3 Stars
Ball Peen Hammer (Book #3) - 3.5 Stars
Mister Bodyguard (Book #4) -  2 Stars

How was your Month? Do share books you read, Comment Below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment