Sunday 9 June 2019

May Wrap up | 2019

May was an okay month for me in terms of reading. I managed to finish 7 books, out of which 3 were from my scheduled TBR.So, it was more than I was expecting by the last week.

The Battlemage & The Outcast (Summoner#3 & #4(or 0.1)) by Taran Matharu

The Battlemage & The Outcast

I was on roll with this series and managed to finish the whole series in the first half of this year. Though not a super big fan in the starting, this series got better as it progresses. We get the conclusion of the original trilogy with 'The Battlemage' and a shorter prequel with 'The Outcast' - It was good!

The Battlemage - 4.5 Stars (Goodreads)
The Outcast - 4.25 Stars ( Goodreads)

The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer


The Shock of the Fall' is the story of a man's journey of guilt, grief and struggle with schizophrenia after he loses his older brother in an accident as a child. This is my first Contemporary mental health read and I really liked it!

Full Review of the book here

How to be (Book #1 & #2)  byT.J. Klune

How to be (Book #1 & #2)  byT.J. Klune
This was a complete surprise for me. I loved the characters and representation in both of them. 

First one is about Gus and his hilarious attempt to become a normal person when Casey, an asexual stoner hipster enters in his carefully organized life. It was funny, sweet and awesome!
First Book Review here (5 Stars)

The second one was as awesome as the first one and follows a demisexual character who appeared in the first book and his story of starring in a movie and finding love on the way. It was as funny as the first one and as awesome.
4.5 Stars (Goodreads)

Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston


Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston

This is a new YA romance book with lots of sweetness, romance and politics. Here we follow Alex, the first Son of America and his life in the white house and his romance with Royal Prince Henry. I loved how their relationship progresses and absolutely loved Alex. Henry was a little annoying but eventually he came around and it ended perfectly.

4 Stars!

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke


Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke


Dragon Rider is a good children fantasy book, especially for a bedtime story. We get to see Firedrake, a silver dragon, going on an impossible journey to find a safe haven for Dragons called ' Rim of Heaven', - a place which nobody is sure even exists. But Firedrake is brave enough to take that impossible task and cross half the world to search for this place. Rest is about his journey of reaching there with a brownie and human boy as a companion. They find many friends and enemies in between their journey, it was nice to experience.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I have read it in my childhood, still, it was a good one time read for me!

3.75 Stars!

How's your reading going on this year? Do let me know- Especially your favourites! Need more Recommendations.

Comment Below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment