Monday 6 May 2019

May TBR | 2019

So after a very bad reading schedule in April, here I am once again, making an over-ambitious list. So, let's get started!

First I need to include two books I did not finish in April.



The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon



The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon


I started this book at the starting of April with the hopes of finishing it this month only. But due to my hectic professional schedule (which is going to continue this month also), I only managed to read 25-30% of the book. Definitely planning to finish it at least by the end of this month. Hope for the best!!



Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer


Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer


Even after two months of picking it up, I am still at 30% of this book. In my defence, I would say that this is a sad contemporary and not something I can read at any time. So I picked it only once this month and read 20-25 pages only. But I am liking it so far and will be picking this month for sure. 



Apart from these two, I have another overly ambitious TBR, few books from last month's TBR which I did not pick and some I have been meaning to pick. So, here we go!




The Outcast (Summoner #4) by Taran Matharu


The Outcast (Summoner #4) by Taran Matharu



I finished 'The Battlemage' yesterday and straight up picked this one and currently reading it. This is the prequel of the Summoner trilogy and tells us the origin story of Arcturus (Fletcher's mentor) and how he became the first commoner summoner. I am really liking it so far.



Order of the Pheonix (Harry Potter #5) by JK Rowling



Continuing with my Harry Potter reread this year, I am going to start this one, which I did not do last month. So yeah... pretty excited for this!


Queen of Attolia (Queen's Thief #2) by Megan Whalen Turner


Queen of Attolia (Queen's Thief #2) by Megan Whalen Turner


Queen's Thief is one of my favourite series of all time, to get over the delay of the final book, I am rereading the whole series this year. Last month I finished rereading the first book. Now is time to pick the second one. It's going to be great!:-))



Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run #2) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux



Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run #2) by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux

First one was a pretty disappointing read for me, but it still has a lot of potentials to be good in later in the series. So am going to pick this one up this month. Hopefully, I will like the plot and characters more than the first one. Fingers Crossed!

Cut & Run (Book #1) -  Full Review



The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events #8) by Lemony Snicket


The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events #8) by Lemony Snicket


The seventh book in the series which I supposed to read last month but didn't, so yeah...have to pick this one this time!


Pet Sematary by Stephen King


Pet Sematary by Stephen King

I am really going very well with really reading Stephen King & Brandon Sanderson. So this month I am going to pick 'Pet Sematary', after seeing the trailer of the movie, I really want to read the book first then watch the movie. Yeah, really excited for this one!

Now, there were two books I randomly picked from my Goodreads shelf (which is way too large) to clean it up. 


Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson


Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson

I really liked Elantris by Sanderson and "the Emperor's Soul" is a novella which is part of 'Elantris'. This is short and sounds interesting!

Dragon Rider (Dragon Rider #1) by Cornelius Funke


Dragon Rider (Dragon Rider #1) by Cornelius Funke


I know nothing about this one, but the premise sounds really interesting. It looks like a classic coming of age story which I really like. So let's hope I will be able to pick this one.


Sword Plan (Forgotten Realms: Netheril #1) by Clayton Emery


Sword Plan (Forgotten Realms: Netheril #1) by Clayton Emery


My second randomly chosen book out of my shelf, not sure I will be able to reach this point but yeah, I really liked the premise, so let's see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment