Sunday 3 March 2019

What I read in Jan & Feb 2019

My Reading Wrap up

I was not able to post much in feb due to my busy schedule, so this month I am doing wrap up for feb as well as Jan month.So here we go!!

MY JANUARY READS

I managed to finished 5 books in the first month of this year, out of which 3 were in my planned TBR. So here goes the list of those finished books-

1) Elantris by Brandon Sanderson - My first read by Sanderson and what an awesome way to start the year! Really loved the world, magic system & characters. Little slow in the start but managed to progressed a lot and became an engrossing read with good writing by the end.
4.25 Stars. My Full Review can be read here

2) Misery by Stephen King - I really wanted to pick more Stephen King's books in this year, but his over 500+ pages book really intimidates me. So I decided to start with his shorter books first and Misery was my starting point for that. Overall, it was an okay read for me but I did not love it as much as other people do. I really struggled with the writing style and slow pace of this in the starting. Even 300+ amount of pages of this book really took me quite a few days to finish. But I at the end of the book, it was an enjoyable read and I will be continuing with his more ( though short) books for now.
3.25 Stars. Full Review here

3) Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban -  This was a pretty hyped series in its time, especially in mm genre. But I was little disappointed by it, maybe because I was expecting so much after reading its mystery plus romance synopsis. Both the elements were so underrated and I was not a very big fan of plot and characters that much.
2.75 Stars. You can see my Goodreads review here

4) A Restored Man by Jaime Reese - This was a re-read for me and I loved it as much as my first read. Loved the characters, plot and romance. If you are like m/m romance, I would definitely recommend 'The Men of Halfway House' series. A full five stars read for me!


5) Storm Front ( Dresden Files #1) by Jim Butcher - I loved 'Codex Alera series by this author, so when I saw that he has another fantasy series under his belt, it was in my TBR from that moment. Only the unfinished length of the series, along with the urban fantasy element, which I do not read much, made me little apprehensive to pick this one up any sooner. It was an okay read. Not exactly sure how I feel about it. I was not very attached with the characters except for Harry (that also a little bit later). Many things in it were too cliché and stereotypical, but at the end it was an okay read and I enjoyed few parts of it.

3 Stars! Will be Taking some time before picking up the second book


MY FEBRUARY READS

My February read count was even shorter than the Jan month. I finished three books and right now is in the middle of few ones, which I will be finishing shorly in March.So here goes my finished reads list -


1) Ghosted by J.M Darhower - It has been a very long time since I last read a contemporary straight romance, it is just not a genre I read that much. But it was a complete surprise for me. I picked this one up only due to the synopsis, this is basically a second chance in love at its best. I really liked the flawed characters and the whole premise and it basically became a five stars read for me. I planning on posting a whole review on its, once it's done, I will include that one here.

2) Dark Pleasures (Pure/Dark Ones #4) by Aja James - I have been slowly making my way to Pure/Dark Ones series and this is the fourth book in the series. What I can say, I really liked the female lead in this one and really waiting to see where this series will go. 
5 Stars! Planning to post full review for the same.

3) The Novice (Summoner #1) by Taran Matharu  - It is a solid fantasy YA read, especially if you like school setting and coming of age tropes in the story. Sadly, it was not 5 stars read I was hoping for. While I really liked our main character and the magic system....everything else was quite underwhelming, especially in the first 40% of the book.But things got really exciting in the second half and this book kind of ended on cliffhanger. 3.75 Stars!

Apart from these finished read, I am in the middle of few books-

-The Inquisition, 2nd book of Summoner series (70% in the book)
- Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by JK Rowling (50% into it)



**********************************

So how was your reading month so far? Have you read any of these or found some new book to love! Please share your thoughts in the Comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment